Who doesn’t like yogurt? Me like it so much! Every week I always buy it to drink. And my son also bring it to school.
As we know, yogurt is one of the most popular fermented dairy products in the world. Yogurt made by adding live bacteria to milk. Most yogurt is white and thick, but many commercial brands made in in colors.
Yogurt contains beneficial bacteria and may function as a probiotic which is very good to our health, providing a variety of health benefits above and beyond plain milk.
Read more : 3 Resources to keep handy for cooking
Yogurt has been consumed by peoples for more than hundred of years. And peoples usually used as a part of a meal or nack, as well as a component of sauces and desserts.
I ever try to put some yogurt in dessert recipe and it’s very yummy! My kids realy like it.
Here are some benefits of yogurt.
- It’s rich in important nutrients
- It’s high in protein
- Good for disgestive health
- Strenghten immune system
- Protect againts osteoporosis
- It may benefit heart health
- Promote weight management
Yogurt is versatile and nutritious and can be used on a number of recipes, may it be for breakfast, lunch or supper.
When cooking with yogurt, ensure that it is plain so that you don’t create a weird taste in your dishes. However, you can also use low-fat, Greek or non-fat yogurt.
Greek yogurt is best used in salad dressings, potato dishes and meat marinades due to its tastes.
Did you know you could make your own yogurt? Check out these yogurt makers at Village Bakery.
And for you who have yogurt at home, here are four yummy yogurt recipes you can try out.
- Creamy yogurt swirl (4 servings)
The creamy yogurt swirl can be used for breakfast, dessert or as a snack.
- 1 cup non-fat yogurt
- 1 sliced apple, a banana, pears or the available fruit in the season
- 1 tbsp peanut or almond butter
- Mix the butter, yogurt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 4 bowls and put a quarter cup into each bowl.
- Distribute the slices of the fruits and granola into each bowl.
Read more : Panada’s recipe (in bahasa)
- Barbequed Chicken (6 servings)
Barbequed chicken can be used for lunch.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Orange and lemon juice and zest
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic – chopped
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 chicken thighs – boneless
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Mix the yogurt, citrus juices, olive oil, herbs, spices and garlic in a large bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken. Leave ½ a cup of the marinade. Turn the chicken to make sure is coated completely. Allow it to marinade overnight or for about 2 hours.
- Salt the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the grill or barbeque with the skin side down and cook for about 12 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and moisten using the remaining marinade.
- Keep cooking while moistening for about 12 minutes.
- Serve with rice. Each serving should have 2 thighs.
- Rice with yogurt soup ( 4 servings )
This can be a lunch meal.
- Plain yogurt 500g
- 175g rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 g butter
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 2 large tomatoes
- White wine
- Remove whey from the yogurt by draining it in muslin for an hour.
- Boil 2 ½ pints water in a large saucepan.
- Remove the water from the heat, add rice, salt, and butter, return to the heat and keep stirring the rice.
- Add mashed tomatoes to the rice.
- Reduce the heat and allow the rice to cook until tender.
- Put the yogurt in a mixing bowl.
- Add 4 tablespoons of yogurt into the rice and beat until smooth.
- Remove the rice from heat and add the yogurt while stirring.
- Put the rice in bowls and add a little wine and chopped parsley on top.
- Yogurt cake (15 servings)
It is suitable for dessert or as a snack
- 2 cups plain or Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon or orange zest
- 3 eggs-large
- Turn the oven on at 3500F and butter the pan.
- Mix baking soda, baking powder, flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add vanilla, yogurt and citrus zest.
- Mix sugar, oil, and egg in another bowl. Add the flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and let it bake for about 50 minutes. Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
Hope these recipes can help you to create a healthy food. And we know, home made food is the best! Especially when you have a kids, serving them a home made food can help to no buy unhealthy food out there.
Read more : 5 Reasons we all love sushi
Anyway, did you ever try make some food with yogurt? Please share your story on comment below.
Have a good day, fellas.